The foundation was established by Edward and Shirley Bews who passed away in 2016 and 2014. In high school, Ed developed a talent for woodworking, Ed joined the Navy in 1945 at the age of 18 and remained in the service for 2 years. When he returned, he worked at Idaho First National Bank in Boise, Idaho, where he met his wife Shirley Walker. They were married in 1950. Ed and Shirley built their first home in 1953, and subsequently built a thriving, lucrative commercial and residential real estate business, where they worked side by side for over 60 years. Together with their business partner Burt Smith, they built houses and developed subdivisions throughout the Boise and Meridian area over the next 60 years. Those developments included Bridgetower, Boulder Creek, Ironwood, The Legends, Bayhill Springs, Edgeview Estates, Meridian Manor, Capital Manor (East and West), Jackson Manor, Fairmont Park, Owyhee Manor, Linda Vista Manor, San Fernando Park, and Cole Haven. They also built and owned numerous commercial properties throughout Boise including Cole Village, Fairview Plaza, Cloverdale Storage and Ten Mile Storage. Ed also enjoyed fishing trips in Alaska and he and Shirley were avid supporters of Boise State athletics.
This web site is compatible with Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. Some links will not work with Internet Explorer.